Who I am and what I do.
I'm Chris and come from Leeds in the UK, now living and working in the fine city of Norwich. I'm a communications and design professional, with extensive experience across all aspects of both sectors at the technical and strategic level. I have worked mostly in the science, technology, and charity sectors and have experience in everything from analytics to crisis communications.
Quite a lot. I work very hard to know a lot of things about a lot of things, and a few of them include:
• Brief writing, agency onboarding and project management
• Marketing and data technology stack development
• Technical and production co-ordination across design, web and digital marketing
• Strategy development and budgeting
• Insight through advanced digital analytics
• Design for print, digital, user experience, interfaces, advertising and video production
• Campaign strategy, implementation and management
• Staff training and development
I'll be blogging about all this stuff going forwards.
I currently work at Earlham Institute, leading on everything digital and design.
• Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing / Google Squared
• Professional Certificate in Search Marketing / Institute of Direct & Digital Marketing
• Award in General Data Protection Regulation / Institute of Direct & Digital Marketing
• BA(Hons) Visual Studies, First-class / Norwich University of the Arts
• Archaelogical Science (Short course) / The Open University
I'm always working! Seriously though, I've been a musician all my life and play the piano, drums, saxophone, and guitar and I'm particularly keen on jazz and gospel music. For the players among you, I have a Cort Jade 6 electro-acoustic, an Ibanez JEM 7V, an Yngwie Malmsteen Fender stratocaster, and a CE24 PRS. I also have a Numa Organ 2, which I adore.
I love science and history and I'm constantly reading this stuff. I think Carl Sagan is amazing and I can't get enough of learning new stuff.
Hero image photo credit: Macroscopic Solutions CC2.0